In this online training of 2 sessions you will get started practically with your own accounting. Included is a free Excel / Numbers file that is tailored to your own professional practice and you will learn how to use it. This way you can earn money with your accounting and you will have insight into your interim financial results. The file automatically generates the data for your income tax and / or VAT returns.
You learn how to approach this through the following course content:
- What advantages can you apply, if you have an up-to-date insight into your financial position?
- Why do you need to have insight into your finances before the end of the year, preferably per quarter?
- How to do your own bookkeeping quick and easy?
- Which business deductions can you use yourself?
- Which personal deductible items can you use yourself?
- What is the relationship between financial insight and your negotiating position?
- How do you make use of the favorable arrangements of the Tax Authorities, such as self-employed person's allowance, starter's allowance, etc.
- How do you process different VAT rates in your accounting?
- How do you deduct the VAT paid on professional expenses as profitably as possible when you work VAT-free and VAT-taxed?
- How does the file provide automatically generated data for your allowances, income tax and / or VAT?
- How do you prepare your personal income tax and / or VAT returns?
- How do you transform the Excel/Numbers file into your own file, which you can continue to use for free after the course?
Please note that this training is also useful if you work completely VAT-free
Who can join?
For freelance journalists, authors, translators and media professionals with or without an affinity for numbers. The training is also suitable for participants with a complicated or expensive accounting system, who are looking for an alternative.
An absolute must-follow for every freelancer!
In the online training we will get to work practically step by step using ZOOM. In advance of the training you will receive information about working with ZOOM during this training. The training has a personal approach, which is why we work with a small group. With ZOOM we have the possibility to work with the whole group as well as in groups of 2. You also have the opportunity to consult 1-on-1 with the trainer and discuss your personal questions. We work in 2 sessions of 3 hours. The period between session 1 and 2 is meant to get started yourself and to discuss questions that you encounter in the next session.
After this training / Results
You have gained the tools to make money and save time. How big the steps are in this process, you decide yourself.
- You can work with the Excel / Numbers file with the figures from your own practice.
- You can read your own current financial situation from this Excel / Numbers file.
- You can make financial choices based on your current financial situation that will benefit you.
Trainer is Robert van Deursen who has been training, coaching and advising (creative) people with a professional practice since 1987. As a person he is involved and is fully committed to allowing participants to get a grip on the (financial) aspects of their own professional practice in a pleasant way.
Tightly organized and immediately applicable, Robert makes tax returns and bookkeeping almost fun!
- Price non-members € 200,- / Price 20% discount € 160,- / Price 30% discount € 140,- / Price freelancer 75% discount € 50,-
- All NVJ Academy courses are accessible to both members and non-members of the NVJ.
- Members of the NVJ, NVF, Authors' Association, Nieuwspoort and De Coöperatie receive a 20% to 50% discount on the entrance fee. Your member price is visible when you are logged in.
- Costs are free of VAT and tax deductible.
- Maximum 8 participants.
- This course is spoken in English.
- Download ZOOM for free on your desktop or laptop (with a screen of at least 13 inches).
- The use of ZOOM during the entire training is free for you and is paid for by the NVJ.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection.
- Make sure you bring: a binder with income and expenses or, if you do not already have this, a folder with a number of receipts of expenses and invoices for income, pen and paper, DIGID, and if applicable username and password for VAT.
If you have questions about the content of the training or if you would like to discuss whether this training is suitable for you at the moment, please contact the NVJ Academy or Robert van Deursen (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)